Thursday 25 July 2013

ORS Carrot Oil Review

Product review: ORS Carrot Oil
Price: £4.39 (Boots) 170g – It can be bought cheaper from local Indian hair shops
Promise: Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil strengthens weak, damaged hair to prevent shedding and breaking, with an improved formula to give added shine.
Ingredients: Water(Aqua) , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Sorbitol , Isopropyl Palmitate , PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol , Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate , Cetyl Esters , Lanolin , Carthamus Tinctorius Oil (Safflower) , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Glyeryl Linoleate , Dimethicononl Methionine , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Cholesterol , Dimethicone , Fragrance , Benzyl Salicylate , Cinnamic Alcohol , Citronellol , Coumarin , Eugenol , Geraniol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxycitronellal , d-Limonene , Linalool , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Carbomer , Methylparaben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , BHT , Triethanolamine , Propylparaben
My thoughts: Overall I like this product, I find it is not heavy on my hair and it contains a cream and the oils that seal moisturiser. The colour is a yellowy colour, the oil and cream mixtures tend to separate but are easily mixed. When I use it my hair feels moisturised, but if you are heavy handed it can leave your hair oily. I split my hair in 4 sections use a penny size amount or less and moisturise. I feel I don't even need to seal it with an oil at the end, as the oils in the product are sufficient.
I usually use it at night before bed and I find it doesn’t leave my hair greasy at all.
The smile is alright, it doesn’t have an amazing OMG smell but it doesn’t have a horrible smile either. The good thing is the smell doesn’t linger on in your hair after using it.
I think the price and quantity are reasonable. I got this product in March and this in July and I still have it (though I have not been using it religiously) I think I can get 2-3 months worth of daily usage at the least!
Another positive thing about the product is it does not have any mineral oils but lots of oils and safflower which is rich in ceramides.
The only thing I can fault this product for is I find it hard to get it out the bottle as the oil separates from the cream and it’s runs off my fingers. Not a deal breaker though.
I find my bone straight hair doesn't like it as much as my texlaxed hair, my bone straight hair looks a bit greasy while my texlaxed hair is loving it! With regards to stopping shedding hmmm...not sure if I can put my reduced shedding to this product or my tea rinses, I go for tea rinses based on ingredients. And breaking well with good M&S breakage is minimum so yes, it did reduce my breaking.
I would definitely repurchase this product
Rating: 4/5 - something tells me I am yet to cross parts with a moisturise my hair with love more!!
Happy Hair Jounreys Ladies :-)
'We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experince that reveals the human spirit.' -E.E Cummings

1 comment: